HAND WASH ONLY
Wood expands with moisture so it’s very important to never submerge your cutting board in water.
- Hand wash with hot soapy water and wipe dry with clean dish towel. Store in dry area on its side.
REMOVE STAINS & DEODORIZE
Over time your board is bound to have visible staining and possibly even acquire an odor. Using our recipe below, you can remove both.
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp hot water
- Mix ingredients together and gently scrub surface of cutting board.
- Wipe with a warm wet cloth and dry with a dish towel.
Your board is probably one of the most popular kitchen tools you have. Let us make sure you're disinfecting it properly. White vinegar makes a great disinfectant against E. coli, Salmonella and other bacteria commonly found in households.
- Using a spray bottle, apply vinegar on the surface of your cutting board. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a warm damp cloth.
CUTTING BOARD CONDITIONING OPTIONS
We recommend you condition your cutting board at least once a month. We've made it easy for you to do so by providing you with two options:
- Our Wood Butter is made from a combination of organic beeswax and mineral oil.
- Using a small cloth, rub the butter on your cutting board until it is absorbed. Let it sit on the surface for about 10-15 minutes before buffing the surface in a circular motion for a smooth finish. We recommend you use a clean cotton cloth for buffing.
- Our Food Grade Mineral Oil is bottled and sealed.
- Using a clean cloth, spread mineral oil evenly across your cutting board. Let the oil set over night, or at least a few hours, before wiping the excess oil off using a dry cloth.
Download our printable version for quick access.